Monday, June 1, 2015

Week 47

Well what a week... I'll start with the good stuff.

First, last Monday we did a family night with some really solid investigators, Maitene e Sandra. They are cute family, super smart, super loving, and have a real desire to be baptized. They are one of the wealthier families I have taught. When we walked into their house for family night we walked into a full up dinner. I'm talking fried fish, chicken, egg salad, rice, beans, salad, and coke! It was so dang good! We ate and just talked for about 40 minutes. It was weird, I've never done that as a missionary haha. Dinner appointments are a strange concept to me. Afterwards we shared that same Restoration video with them. They understood it very well and then Elder Green and I closed with our testimonies. It was super quiet and they were really paying attention which allowed for the Spirit to be felt. One of the more spiritual moments of the mission for sure. We asked Maitene to close with a prayer and at the end he got choked up and closed his prayer quickly. When I looked up he was wiping tears from his eyes! I've never gotten anyone to cry because of a lesson! That was a highlight from the week.

The rest of the week was pretty normal as far as visits and work go. We got some more documents done for a few families who are looking at wedding and baptism at the end of this month. Armando e Graca are getting married this Saturday!!! I'm pumped, they are throwing a fat party. Gonna get some grub for sure.

Ok so now the not so happy part of the week. Our house was broken into Thursday night while we were out working. The broke threw our roof haha. We now have a sunroof in the kitchen! They stole my camera, usb, sd cards, ipod, and hairclippers. So ya I kind of got the short end of the stick there. The good news is I have uploaded a ton of pics on dropbox, so the most important photos are on there. We spent friday and saturday moving into some other elders house. We are going to try to find a new house this upcoming week, though. Makes for a good story at least.

Thats kinda bummy news but honestly this week was pretty good. The Lord has got his hand in this work and Im having a blast. Just turning the bad into good stories for after the mission.

I love guys. Have a good week!

Much Love,
Elder Hruby

No comments:

Post a Comment