Thursday, June 18, 2015

Week 48

Twas a good week! Busy, but osum.

Lets see... For the most part the week was normal, with just walking in the area. I went on 2 division this week. I had to do the baptismal interviews for some other Elders' investigators. These week our district baptized 6 people, and Elder Green and I look to add 6 more this week! The Lord is blessing our areas. Friday, I walked with my boy Elder Douglas. Today is his last P-day. He sees his mom this Friday and goes home next week! We had a good time together. He is trying to get me to go to Michigan State with him when I get home. Cool school, too far.

Obviously, the best part of the week was Armando e Graca's WEDDING! Freakin crazy. I met them in October last year, and I was lucky enough to be here and witness their wedding. 7 months after we had planned haha. It was great. I wish you guys could have seen this Mozambican wedding. These people are flippin crazy! They are loud, goofy, happy, and know how to have a good time. Our family would fit right in haha. The wedding ceremony was firly simple, but the after party was nuts! Lots of good food, although I never ask what Im eating because it tastes good and I'd rather not know and ruin my appettite (or as Dane says, my habitat). The best part had to be the grandmas! They do this thing were they call people up as they are dancing and singing to give gifts to the newlyweds. Well when it was the grandmas turn they were not shy, and they brought their friends.Probably a good 10 women over the age of 70 just dancing, and singing and going hard. I loved it!

Next week Armando e Graca will be baptized, along with 4 other people. 2 youth, 1 members niece that lives with them, and a 25 year old named Lino. Lino is my bro. He has some fat dreads and is a painter! He is so dope and he asked me to baptize him, ya Im stoked!

Also my investigator Sandra gave birth on Saturday! So this was just a good week all around.

I finished the New Testament and Im currently halfway through Genesis. My goal is to read every single word in the Quad before the end of the mission. Still got the rest of the OT, D&C, Pearl of Great Price, and the Bible Dictionary. I gots my work cut out for me haha.

As far as replacing my camera and stuff I will just use my personal money, no big deal. We found a new house that is super nice. We move in tomorrow. Also President Kretly basically told me I am staying another transfer to get the house situated and make sure there is a smooth transition since Douglas goes home this week. Well 7 transfers in one area will be a lot, but hey its the best area in the mission so no complaints!

Much Love,
Elder Hruby

No comments:

Post a Comment