Saturday, November 28, 2015

Week 72

STATE CHAMPS!!! STATE CHAMPS!!! STATE CHAMPS!!! Everyone in this internet cafe thinks the white missionary is even more of a weirdo than before haha. I know preaching the is more important, but I am pretty caught up in a state title. I am a proud brother! Cant believe Bjack was player of the game! Well actually of course I believe it, he is a stud, but its just crazy the little Benny poo lives up to all the hype! Man if you cant tell Im super jealous.

As for stuff of eternal importance.... the work continues. To be honest the area is a fight right now. We have had a family at church every week so far, the problem is it has been a different family every time. Thats good showing we are finding new families, but we cant get anyone to stick and really progress. We are gonna get one though, I can feel it in my bones.

This week we had stake conference. It was a transmission from Salt Lake to all the Stakes in Africa. Lots of emphasis on going to the Temple, keeping the Sabbath Day Holy, and paying tithing. During our conference as well, we divided some wards, one of which being mine! Now Elder Ellingson and will be starting a new ward. Same area basically but with an entirely new ward. Im stoked! We sat with Pres Koch after conference as zone leaders to realign the areas for missionaries in our zone. I love meetings with that man. Spiritual giant! We have a lot of work to do. The next step here is a Stake in Matola, not just Maputo. Means we have to step it up a little, especially as examples for the missionaries Pres expects me and Elder Ellingson to work the hardest, and get the most out of our labors. Gotta love high expectations :)

Story time. Walking in the area on Wednesday and bent down to grab my pen and my pant leg ripped from me knee almost all the way up my inner leg. I know fat kid problems. Well my g's were showing so I had to fix them somehow and we were about an hour from the house. What does your genius missionary do? Why buys super glue on the side of the road duh! I super glued my pants together to make them last through the rest of the day. The only issue was this is Mozambican super glue and nobody knows whats in it. As I was gluing it starting heating up really fast and burnt my fingers and the little bit that got on my leg burned me too. Probably not FDA approved, but hey thats just my opinion haha.

So this week is THANKSGIVING. We are going to buy a turkey and try to make our own stuffing and pie and mashed potatoes and sides and stuff! I am going to take out some personaly money because we are going big and I dont have enough mission money for all my food so thats my heads up. Today after internet we are going to have a Turkey Bowl as a zone! I call being Ben Hruby!

Well in the spirit of Thanksgiving I would just like to say that I love you all! Sou imensamente grato por minha familia. Sou grato por tudo que eu tenho. Por todo o amor de cada um de voces e vosso apoio. Tenho uma gratidao que nao consigo expresar por ser um missionario, especialmente aqui na melhor missao no mundo. E mais que tudo sou grato por meu Pai Celestial e meu Salvador Jesus Cristo e o privelegio que terei de viver com eles de novo e minha familia para toda eternidade! Tenham um bom Thanksgiving.

Much Love,
Elder Hruby







No comments:

Post a Comment