Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Week 69


Geez... really was an eventful week for you all! Im glad things are calming down a bit. Tell aunt Connie I love her and not to worry she's got missionary prayers coming her way.

For me, the week was a success. Better than last week, but still lots of room to grow. The area is picking up slowly but surely. We still had 1 or 2 days this week were we spent most of the day walking in the sun just trying to find new families to teach, but hey like Dad says, "If it was easy, everyone would do it."

The good news is we have 2 families that seem super legit. Izidro e Jacinta and Magre e Sarifa. They are both younger couples with only 1 or 2 little kids. Izidro e Jacinta came to church yesterday too! I really like Magre e Sarifa. They are really humble and kind, and super intelligent. They ask good questions, which is kind of rare sometimes. Last night Magre asked me, for the first time on my mission, why I am or why I stay a member of the Church. It was a cool question, and we were teaching about the Book of Mormon so I got to share my testimony about it and it turned out to be a really nice lesson. I am also kinda of partial to liking Magre because he is a JW and personally I would love to convert one of them haha.

The rest is going good. Elder Ellingson and I are getting along. No, matter who you are comps with you always learn new things and find ways you can better yourself. Its actually kind of nice. The house is good too, we have some younger guys, but they are adapting well and have good attitudes. Being zone leader in Matola is a bit different that Maputo. Matola has only Elders so you can be a little more up front haha. But also this zone is notorious for difficulties with families and marriages so we are working hard to make some headway there.

This week I was a little sick with a head cold, ironic since its hot as anything these days. But the good news is our little drink breaks in the afternoon usually helped me get through the day. Every day around 5 me and Ellingson stop at a little side store and grab a 30 cent coke or fanta. gotta love the prices here:)

Have a good week! Take care of the family, well families really. Love you guys and pray for you too!

Much Love,
Elder Hruby

No comments:

Post a Comment