Monday, February 2, 2015

Week 29

Week 2 with the Hutch! I have to be honest I am actually enjoying it, for the most part. I don't know if you guys remember Knittle from the Academy last year, but Knittle and Hutch are tied for the most unique people Ive ever met in my life! This kid is osum haha. The road discussion this week was this anime show he loves called "one piece." He started telling me all about it on Wednesday and still hasn't
finished. The nice thing is he is a pretty good storyteller and keeps me entertained. Also, if I don't feel like listening I can just tune him out and he doesn't even really notice/care haha.

The week went good. We are working our faces off that's for sure. We are walking a ton, but we are getting a lot of lesson too. We had almost 30 lessons this week. Hutch doesn't like to contact people in
the street so I have to do that on my own. We have a mission goal of 40 a week, and doing them alone I only got 28, but hey what can ya do? That's one of those things were I just let Hutch do his thing and I try to pick up the slack haha.

We had 5 families at church yesterday and 14 total investigators. Heavenly Father is helping us out a ton in the area. I hope so bad that these families we have all keep progressing. I think I told you this last week, but as of right now it looks like we could 4-6
families baptized by the end of March! That would be the COOLEST thing ever.

You know how people always say they learn more as the teacher than as the student. I always thought that was a load of crap. How can you learn as a teacher more than the student? You are the teacher for a reason... you already know this stuff. Well I am eating my words on the mission. I have realized that each lesson I am learning something new. Or at the very least each time we teach my own testimony is
definitely strengthened. Just another blessing of a mission I guess.

I finished 3 Nephi this week. Super nice. I think my favorite part from this week was chapter 27. In verses 11 and 33 Christ talks about how the wicked will have joy for a season and eventually that will
result in unhappiness. He also explains how straight and narrow the path of happiness is, but in contrast how wide open and easy to enter the path of sin and eternal sorrow is. It reminded me of when Dad
always says, "If it were easy, everyone would do it." Its not easy to do whats right all the time. Its not easy to always trust in God. That's something we have really been trying to help these families understand (and Ive been trying to learn myself). But the narrow, true path is sooo much better than the other, because Christ promises
happiness if we follow him, the other path is just for a season.

Welp I love you all and hope you guys get healthy and stay healthy. I am doing just fine here, other than you know the malaria and the AIDS, but yup I'm golden! Thanks for everything. Until next week.

Much Love,
Elder Hruby

No comments:

Post a Comment