Monday, March 21, 2016

Week 89

As you are probably expecting... THIS WEEK WAS OSUM!!! It was one of the best weeks of my entire mission. I missed Beira so much.

On Wednesday we had zone conference in Maputo/Matola. It went well. We didnt have energy for half of it because Mozambique cant seem to quite figure that out still haha so we werent even able to show our presentation, but it went good enough. We got our training out and it seemed to go swell.

Thursday we flew up to Beira around noon with Pres and Sis Koch. We got up there and stepped out of the plane and I was hit with a wave of heat! Oh my lanta I forgot how hot and humid it is up there. The humidity really makes it infinitely worse. That evening I walked with the Beria zone leaders which was a good time. One of them, Elder Rispress is a West Point cadet. We had some good fun walking together.

Friday was our zone conference for Beira/Manga/Nampula. This one we had energy and air conditioners so that was nice. It was kinda weird giving the same training a second time, but cool because we were able to change it up a little bit as it seemed appropriate for those zones. The whole theme of conference is faith. Pres obviously gave some sick insights, per usual. Part of our training we used the analogy of a rocket taking off for faith and works, so for a cool visual I asked Pres if we could do a coke and mentos rocket... he said yes! Everyone loved it. When we do it in Swazi this week I will try to get a video.

After conference I got to walk with the Elders in Chingassura, my old area! We went by and visited all my families that I baptized there! It was one of the coolest things ever. I was so happy to see them all and it made me even happier when they seemed happy to see me! I got to sit with Armando e Graca and we took some photos. She had another baby since Ive been gone! I told them that we will be coming by at the end of June so they can meet my parents... you shouldve have seen their smiles!

Saturday I got to walk with the Manga zone leaders, one being my boy Elder Couch! It was the first time we have been able to walk together our entire missions, even though we have been talking about it since the MTC. Only took 21 months! It was a good time. It was his birthday too, but that doesnt really mean a lot here haha. Elder Ence was also up in Beira and was staying in the same house with me and Elder Couch so it was a good MTC reunion.

Sunday we had Beira stake conferece. It was really flippin hot! 1,200 people makes for a lot of body heat... African body heat:) It was super nice to see all the member from Chingassura there. A ton of people I never expected to remember me were coming up to me and hugging me and we were able to catch up! Probably one of the best parts of this entire week was right after the conference. 3 of my recent converts were conferred the Melchizedek Priesthood. Matira, Lino, and Maechado! I got to sit in and watch them receive it. It was too legit! It made me so dnag happy seeing everyone doing so well and so happy. I told Lino, he is the one with the dreads, that I would bring Mom and Dad by as well in June because he is a super dope artist and we can buy some of his paintings. Also, he is just one of the coolest guys ever so I want you to meet him.

Ya so if you couldnt tell it was a really great week. I would give anything to go back and serve in Beira or Manga! There is nothing quite like it. Tomorrow we are off to Swazi until Thursday. No rest for the weary. Im excited to see what its like there... and I hear they have real pasteurized milk there so Im gonna pound some cartons for sure. Enjoy the beautiful Boise Spring weather!

Much Love,
Elder Hruby





No comments:

Post a Comment