Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Week 74

So I will be sprinting to write this email. We have had a rough time finding a place to do internet. Energy is out in most of the zone, and this place we found is only letting us do it for 15min. Gotta love Pdays right?

This week was... well it felt rough. Looking at our week we actually had some good success. 2 families and 8 people at church. Most Elder Ellingson and I have had. I think this week was tough partially because the week before was so good. Also, summer has arrived in full force. Im currently dripping sweat onto the keyboard and my shirt is partially see through from the sweat... gross I know.

Magre e Sarifa are doing super well! We taught them about marriage and they accepted with baptism for January 9th.... thats in 2016! I will be super pumped when we get them in the water. It will be the first family baptism in this area in a long while. We are trying really hard to find other families but our main difficulty isnt sitting with new families, its that the message just doesnt seem to get through. Its in one ear and out the other. This is a God fearing people, but sometimes that plays against them in that they will believe anyone that shows up to their door and say Jesus. kind of frustrating, but we are bound to be lead to some golden families. Well in fact this week we did find one super cool family. Manuel was baptized in 2008 and now is inactive and married (not legally). His wife isnt a member, but is open to us and he really has a desire to return to the Church. Writing this email I dont know why I was pouting about our week so much... it actually was pretty solid. Hindsight is 20-20.

Story time! Me and Elder Ellingson went to the machamba with a Sister member. That is there big garden land thing. Well we went with Irma Lydia. It was the hottest day of the year, 41 or 42 degrees! I burnt bad!!! We went out there with our hoes and started clearing land for her to plant stuff. We worked for about 3 hours and I was so dead and so sweaty afterwards. The rest of the week I was dying too. The best part of the story has to be the transportation to and from. We had to ride in the back of a truck with about no joke 50 other people, standing mind you. It was about a 45min ride, but we only traveled about 8 miles haha. They were harrassing us and making all sorts of jokes because you never see white people doing that, but Lydia defended us. It was so packed tight and everyone was holding onto each other it was ridiculous, you wouldnt have believed it if you saw it. I felt like I was at a high school dance, except the fact that the girl in front of me wasnt my cute date, it was a big ole machamba mama, and the person behind was a shirtless man haha.... oh this place is paradise!

Well time is short, hope life is running well, I love this time of the year! Even in the heat Christmas is still real. Talk to you next week!

Much Love,
Elder Hruby


No comments:

Post a Comment