Sunday, May 3, 2015

Week 42

Dear Everyone,

No rest for the weary. Another FULL week running around like chickens with our heads cut off. Speaking of which I watched a chicken get its head cut off this week, but thats not that rare.

Lots of good news from this week. We got Alexandre e Bete married this morning and Saide e Melita will be married tomorrow morning! That means its looking like all 3 families with their kids and 2 other solteiros will be baptized this upcoming Saturday. It will be 11 investigators in total! It really is a crazy blessing. This place is osum. Nowhere else in the world can people accept the Gospel and act on it like they do here. I'll be sure to take some pics and send them to you next week.

Zone Conference was this past Friday. It was by far my favorite one I've had. Pres basically just refocused the mission on what we do and why we do it. He gave a really good training on the Atonement and we watched the talk "His Grace is Sufficient" by Brad Wilcox. That talk made my top 5 list. It is super nice. He talks about what Grace really is and what its role is in our lives. Essentially what I took from it is its purpose is to change us. We arent perfect and never will be in this life. God knows that, but He sure expects us to try. So we are expected to change, and improve and try to fix the little things over time. I liked it.

General Conference was Saturday and Sunday. We watched 4 hours each day. We didnt get to watch Priesthood, though so Ill have to read those ones. Wont lie, General Conference in Portuguese just doesnt do it for me. I get a lot more out of it in English so Im waiting for the Liahonas to get here so I can read all the talks. There was one quote I snagged from Elder Runland's talk. It was obviously in Portuguese but I think it translates roughly like, "God cares more about who we are and who we are becoming, than who we used to be." It tied perfectly back into what I heard in Zone Conference. So I guess for me this week I learned that change is a good thing. Its expected.

Again, no real down time this we with all the running around so no good stories for ya. Today is Elder Abel's last P-Day. He goes down to Maputo on Friday and I will walk with The Hutch again for the last 3 days of the transfer. Next email Ill let you all know where Ill be serving. I wouldnt be surprised if I stayed one more, though. Well I love you all and hope you have a good week. Enjoy the beautiful weather. It's been getting pretty nice here too as it cools down.

Much Love,
Elder Hruby

PS Happy late BDay to Murph. Give him a kiss for me.

PPS I got you package you sent me for Xmas!!!! It was actually here since Xmas, but got hidden away in a side room in the Chapel downtown. I already ate all the Jerkey and Swedish fish. Dig the socks and the tie clips. Thank you!


PPPS Also I forgot to tell you. Pres let us watch Meet the Mormons after Zone Conference... freaking osum! Obviously my favorite was Coach Ken! The football highlights they showed made me super anxious to play. Bjack fits in there perfectly;)

No comments:

Post a Comment