Saturday, December 20, 2014

Week 23

Another successful week! We baptized and confirmed 5 people. We finally got Felix e Marina married and baptized with their 2 daughters. Elder Ipsen and I found them my first week up here in Chingassura. Super nice. We also baptized Catiza who is the sister of a super strong memeber in our branch. I got to baptize the 2 daughter Nela e Zelinha. I guess the little kids just love me. I dont know why, though, I am super imaptient with them haha. I can only take being a human jungle gym for so long until I shake the little africans off my arms.

This week went by really fast so its kind of a blur and I am trying to remember things I wanted to write you about. Lets see... oh its been insanely hot and humid this week, but we had the craziest thunderstorm Saturday night. It started raining at like 730pm and withing 30 seconds I was completely soaked and so were my shoes, my bag, everything. Withing 5 minutes the roads started flooding, and we decided to head home because we werent going to get any work done in that storm. It took us about 10-15 minutes to get back to the house, but we were only about a 3 minute walk from the house. It took so long because almost instantly the road turned into a river. By the time we got to the house we were walking in knee high water... EVERYWHERE. It was os OSUM! The best part was the power was out too haha. Also saw the brightest flash of lighting ever with the loudest thunder crack that set off like 4 car alarms. I was just giggling like a kid I thought it was so cool!

The area is still going good. Since we have had 9 baptisms in the past 2 weeks were are losing a lot of investigators so we are kind of starting over finding new families to teach. The good news is we still have 2 solid families that are already progressing really well. Joao e Zinha are just trying to get all the marriage documents together for their wedding and baptism on the 27 of this month. They are working super hard and are a really great family. My golden family is Jeranimo e Suzette. They are so freakin sweet. They are already super strong and love coming to church. It helps that he is loaded and has cars so they can drive to church. And its nice that they are our neighbors so we can walk 10 seconds to our lesson. They have accepted everything super well and just have good hearts. They are working for marriage and baptism on Jan 10.

Yesterday we had a Xmas devotional for all the member here in Beira, well actually yesterday it was for Beira and next week itll be in our chapel here in Manga. It was nice. They played the First Presidency devo from last year and then all the missionaries sang like 5 songs. I kind of just mouthed the words since I cant sing haha. X mas definitely has a different feel here. Honestly, it doenst really have a feel. Its just another day since no one really has the means to make it a special day. Thats why we really just try to focus on the message of Xmas here instead of the holiday itself. I guess it helps me not get so homesick during the holidays. But I am super excited for my Christmas Eve present of skyping you all! So my time slot is Christmas Eve and 7pm here so 11 am there, I think. Skype is pretty reliable, but if worst comes to worst they have a land line I can use to at least talk on the phone! We will have 45 minutes- an hour so not too much time but itll be osum. President Kretly is coming up to Beira for Zone Conference the first week of Jan so thats when I will get my package. A little delayed Xmas:)

So that was my week. The transfer is almost over and I am almost at my 6 month mark! Crazy. Well I love you all and love hearing from you. Happy Holidays from Africa. Hey cool Im in Africa! Alma 37:44-46.

Much Love,

Elder Hruby





Pictures of a marriage and baptism of a family Elder Hruby and Elder Ipsen have been teaching!












A video of the insane Mozambican rainstorms 

No comments:

Post a Comment