Monday, July 13, 2015

Week 53

I agree with the counting up, more rewarding this way, also I don't seem like such a bum if I'm not counting down until I go home haha.

This was another good week, a really good start to the second year! Last pday I went and got my haircut by a Moroccan guy. Weird right? In Moz, but getting a cut from a Moroccan? It was the first time since I left that Ive had someone else cut my hair. It was a nice little treat to myself. On Thursday, the actual one year mark, I did a division with Elder Woolley, who is in my group, and we celebrated. We went to 4 "restaurants" in one day haha. We got a little breakfast pastery from this local cafe, then lunch at KFC! and an afternoon snack from this local place called King Pie, and dinner from a pizza place called Unos. SPOILED! Maputo is so modern compared to Beira. I had forgotten that real restaurants existed haha. It felt surreal to actually check July 9th off the calendar...

I think I have one of the funniest stories from my mission this week. It is about a 30 minute walk from our house to the area so walking home every night when you are dead tired kind of sucks. For that reason we usually try to hitch-hike (called a bolea here). Well on Wednesday night we got a ride. We got in and it was 3 dudes in the car. It took about 3 whole seconds for my gaydar to start freaking out. It kind of scared me becaus I didnt think gay people even existed here. The people don't even understand that concept so I was really taken off guard haha. Turns out all 3 were gay. Straight as a rainbow! When we got out one of them blew me a kiss.... ya thats a story for ya!

On a less ridiculous note, I am gonna meet President and Sister Koch tomorrow. So that should be sweet. Also, surprisingly we had a baptism this week. It was a 15 year old boy named Marte. He lives with members and has been ready a while now for baptism, we were just waiting until the next family to join him in there, but the other ward had a baptism this week so we joined that one! Nice little cherry on top for the week.

Well life is good over here in Africa. Sounds just as good back home too. I love and miss you guys, always in a good way. I put some pics up on dropbox. I used Woolley's camera. I think Ill go buy myself a new camera for my Bday next month! Ill keep a lookout for the package as well, thanks! Ok, welp have a good week!

Much Love,
Elder Hruby

No comments:

Post a Comment