Sunday, April 19, 2015

Week 40



40 seems like a legit number. I still feel kind of like a new kid on the mission, though. I dont really know how time is going by. I cant tell if its fast or slow or normal or what, but I do know its good. This week was a solid one. Got some good stories for ya, but some may be a bit more appropriate for a post-mission story session haha.

On Friday night we were walking home around 845 and we found this gym in our area. By gym I mean like a concrete enclosure with a few weights in it. As we were walking in to check it out a couple teenage guys kind of made fun of us as we were walking in so I called them over. I basically called them out and said if you are gonna make fun of the white guys lets see if you can back it up. We had a lifting contest. We walked in and went to the bench press. I just put all the weights they had on it, but I didnt exactly know how much it was since its in kilos. The kid chickened out when he saw the weight but I had to prove my point and lift it. I got it 3 times. It was 100 kilos which is like 221lbs or something like that so that was my self esteem boost for the week that I can still lift a little. But of course of all the weeks of my mission Bjack sends me his "stats" this week telling me how much he can bench, now I feel like a little kid again... youre a freak of nature dude.

So good news. Our work may be starting to pay off. Fingers crossed. We started working with Vasco e Josefina again and looks like they are just going to go ahead and sign the marriage documents without the parents approval and get baptized! Also Saite e Melita and Alexandre e Bete are super close. We are just in the home stretch with their documents. They both have some tricky situations, but if everything goes well we could get 3 families baptized the last week of the transfer on May 2! Let the parayers keep on coming!

Tuesday was Dia Das Mulheres here. Essentially Mothers Day. Apparently its a huge party day and all the woman get drunk, but we had a HUGE rainstorm that flooded every single road with about a foot of water... it was sick! So sadly I dont have any crazy stories from the Holiday.

Hey you guys realize we get to skype again in like a month!? Im stoked! Get to see all your beautiful faces.

Well Not much else for this week. Love you guys lots and love hearing about life! Until next week.

Much Love,
Elder Hruby

No comments:

Post a Comment