Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Week 39



Well I'll just start off by saying I was humbled again this week. I judged Elder Abel wrong. True, he is uptight and kind of a try-hard and seems self-righteous, but he is a pretty cool dude. We get along really well actually and have fun conversations on the road. So there is my confession.

This week was definitely a test week, as far as the work went. Heavenly Father was just trying us and seeing if we will keep going even when everything is a struggle. When the area divided we were left with 4 progressing families. We dropped one this week because of all their excuses and are now left with only 3. We have been working our faces off trying to find new families to teach. Just these 2 weeks we have done over 120 contacts! But none seem to be sticking. We had no new families at church so we are still on the lookout. The osum news is Saite e Melita are progressing on their documents and we are looking at a family baptism on April 25 or May 2! I am super excited, I LOVE this family.

I have gotten Abel pretty hooked on going to a military academy. He loves all my stories and asks a ton of questions. Not gonna lie he makes me feel kind of like a boss about the Academy last year, I dig it. He said because of our conversations he has decided to apply to the Coast Guard Academy for next year. Good on him.

Couple of stories for you this week. First, it rained so the roads were a bit flooded and we had to maneuver our way around. We crossed over a little creek by stepping on some bricks and when we got to the other side this Machamba Mama (Moz grandma) told us that she placed those bricks there and now her back hurts so we owe her some medicine. Well we dont carry anything with us, but Abel had tic tacs. He gave her one and told her to take it with a lot of water haha. She loved it and told us to bring more the next day. When we passed by later she told us she was feeling loads better. Gotta love the placebo effect. Second, I witnessed my first cock-fight this week. No joke this 2 chickens went HAM on each other. They are fast and can jump over each other no problem. They are also ferocious always going for the jugular. Third, I also saw my first scorpion this week. He was just a wee little guy, but still I got to see one. They are mean looking suckers. And fourth, they have a superstition of chameleons here. They think they are like the most deadly animal in the world. So naturally what do I do when I see them? I pick them up and play with them as the little kids freak out and people call me crazy. It's my new favorite thing to do.

Im super excited for Conference. Sounds like it was really osum. We will get to watch it here in May I think. Cant wait.

I finished Romans this week. Paul does work in the last few chapters. I really liked 3 parts this week. Ch 12:2 He talks about how we, as saints, need to be in the world to help others, but we cannot be of the world. Just like Dad always says. Ch 14:17 He defines the Kindgom of God as Righteousness, Peace, and Joy. How simple is that? We dont really need to over-complicate it. Those things are all we need. And finally, Ch 15:1 The strong have to duty and obligation of carrying the infirmities of the weak. We each can carry some part of some one else's burden, somehow.

Well hopefully next week I can tell you about the tons of new families we are teaching. But have a good week. I love and miss you all.

Much Love,
Elder Hruby

No comments:

Post a Comment